Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Girl Lives Here

Now don't think that I'm a bad mom, but I have a confession to make for those who weren't around me during the beginning of my pregnancy with Stella. I really wanted a boy. Actually, like most soon to be mommies, I just wanted a healthy baby. BUT. . . if I had been able to call the shots, I would have asked for a boy. Stella undoubtedly proves that God knows exactly what he's doing. He knows what you need, even when you have no idea. I can't imagine my life without Stella. Not that I would not have or can't in the future have the same love for a little boy, Stella is just my heart and life. I laugh at myself now thinking back to how much I planned for a boy during those first few months. The night before my first ultrasound something drastically changed, I dreamed that I had a curly headed little girl. So, when we walked in to the doctor's office that day, Stephen said, "So, it's a boy, right?" I said, "No, a girl. I've got a feeling." Well, of course the ultrasound tech saw exactly what I had the night before in my dream. A girl! A few ultrasounds later, she could even see those curls floating around. :) A look around her room tonight proved that I have adjusted quite nicely to the world of all things girly. I'm so thankful for Stella and the joy that she brings our family each day. She's just perfect and definitely not a boy!

I decided last week that it was time to purchase a bow holder. I found this cute one to match her room from a seller on Etsy. I guess I was right. I filled it up quickly!



Stella's new horsey purse from Nene.



Look at how long her hair is now! Her curls make the length deceiving.




Fall has landed in Stella's closet. Now if the temperatures would just follow suit.. . I preordered so many things for fall and winter that I had forgotten what I all I actually did buy. Each week here lately, the mail has been exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment