Monday, November 7, 2011

Baby Jesus

I am one of those people who gets pretty upset that we all seem to snub Thanksgiving and skip ahead to Christmas. Although we've been reading our new Thanksgivings books and enjoying the beautiful fall weather, I did have to bring out one thing early. I was so excited to receive a Fisher Price catalog a couple of months ago and find that they were marketing a new "Little People" nativity toy. It's very uncommon these days for any large company to produce something with a Christian theme. I'm proud that a toy like this is available and was happy to order right away. I couldn't keep it boxed up, so it's now set up in a prominent spot in Stella's play room. Now when you ask Stella about Jesus, she'll go get baby Jesus in the manger and place him in the right spot. If you are interested in the toy as well, you can find it on Fisher Price's website.





Baby Jesus lights up as "Away In a Manger" plays.



Per Aunt Sis, we ensured that the wise men were placed "afar." (Also, on the east side of the room. . . I should work on my OCD.)

No comments:

Post a Comment