Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Recipe time!

But first a picture of Stella, of course!




This recipe is a little different from the normal things that I would post. It's very light. Two weeks ago, I decided it was high time that I worked on taking off my pregnancy weight plus some. I am proud to announce that my weight loss is already in the double digits. Woohoo! Unfortunately, I do have a long way to go. To help me along, I have been trying to revamp some of my favorite foods. Many "health" foods I already love, it's just way easier to grab some fast food or cook something quick and easy. That's why I packed the pounds back on. . . Here is a recipe for Eggplant Parmesan. This is a lighter version since most recipes call for battering and deep frying the eggplant.

Light & Easy Eggplant Parmesan

1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch slices
olive oil
dried oregano to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. fresh tomatoes chopped, or one can
fresh garlic minced, or garlic powder
1/2 cup cheese (I use the Itailian blend. You can also use mozzarella & Parmesan.)

Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet under a hot broiler. Broil on one side until browned and tender. If one side starts to brown too quickly, flip slices.

When eggplant is done, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush a 9x13 baking dish with olive oil. Spread half of the tomatoes on the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of the eggplant. Sprinkle eggplant with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic. Layer remaining tomatoes. Top with cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted.

I served it with whole wheat spaghetti. Yummy!


5 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I ate eggplant parm for the first time to try to make myself go into labor during those last weeks. Didn't work but it was surprisingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy that one, Hol! ;) I'm pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy...going to try your recipe. Thanks. And of course, Stella looks too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy Wah Wah...must try!

    ReplyDelete