Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our last "fun" appointment.

Today's doctor appointment went well. Stella is always such a happy baby and watched Donya and Dr. Bates measure, weigh, and check her over without a peep. She has gained quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks going from 8 lbs 5 oz. to 9 lbs. 15 oz. She is 21 3/4 inches long and is a healthy baby! Woohoo! Mommy knew she was filling out some of those 0-3 month outfits a little better. Now we get to dread the next appointment and those silly shots! I am thinking Stephen and I will cry more than Stella. I remember last year when Layla had to go to the vet after a few days of getting sick. She had to get an iv because they were afraid that she might have lost too much fluid. Stephen teared up the whole time she was on the table. Haha! And that was our dog. . .

To add to the interest of this blog, I am going to throw in a few other things here and there:

Tonight for dinner the Turners will enjoy pork roast and green bean casserole. (and Enfamil) This is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes that I have ever been given. We love this roast and suggest you try it out, too. It sounds a little strange but the flavors work so well together and create a very juicy dish.

1 small pork loin roast
1 can sauerkraut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 apple sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Add all of these ingredients to your crock pot and cook on high around 6-8 hours. YUMMY!

3 comments:

  1. I said it "sounded" weird! I don't like the stuff either but in this dish it is great. I am not going to kid myself and pretend that you will try it out anyways! Or salad. . . Ha!

    ReplyDelete