Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Stephen, Stella, and I have been enjoying the week at home. We've slept in, cooked breakfast, watched lots of tv, played hard, and other fun things with just the three of us. That would explain my lack of blogging. You will all be glad to know that we have also checked a few things off the vacation to do list. The house is more clean and organized than it's been in quite some time. The Christmas decorations are out of the attic and ready to go up tomorrow. Stella's playroom is completely bare and prepped for painting. If I could decide for sure on the color, that part would be complete as well. It's been a wonderful week at home.

Why did I decide to blog today? Because there was an incident worth the effort. Stella and I have both been suffering from runny noses this week. She has napped more than usual. She had been down about 2 hours this morning when Stephen and I heard loud screams from her room. This is not normal for Stella. She usually just babbles or we hear her slapping her crib with her little palms on the baby monitor. Stephen went to get her and then I heard him yell my name. He came running in our room with her to inform me that he found her HEAD FIRST in the clothes hamper beside her crib! Luckily, she was fine and was giggling about it by the time they reached me in our bedroom. Stephen, on the other hand, was white as a ghost. It scared him so much when all he could see were her little feet sticking out of the hamper. The next 15 minutes were spent lowering her mattress!

Notice where the hamper is in this picture. Thankfully, it was a little closer today or it wouldn't have cushioned her fall. I still can't believe she made it over the side!

1 comment: