Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby Jesus at 10 months

I had to sing two songs as Mary for the preschool choir Christmas program Sunday night. The preschool director asked that Stephen stand in as Joseph and Stella could be baby Jesus. I was very nervous about it because Stella is so vocal and mobile now, not to mention 10 months old. I could just picture her wiggling out of my arms and taking off down the middle aisle saying byebye in nothing but her diaper. The director told me that she wasn't concerned about us completely looking the part, just that she wanted us to do it as a family. I was convinced.

The choir sang 3 songs as we waited in the hallway for our part. Stella was yelling, her version of singing along, while we were out there. I was sweating trying to hold her still under all of those silly sheets we called a costume. Finally, it was our turn. The first song was about baby Jesus that I sang a line of and the choir would repeat after me. After each line, Stella wanted to hold my microphone. The next song was sung by me to the children gathered around the manger. Stella kept leaning over sideways looking at one of the little girls trying to make her talk to her. It was pretty funny.

All said and done, her first performance was a hit. She crashed as soon as we got home. Stephen said that her big debut was tough on her. :)

5 comments:

  1. Love this! This will be so fun for her to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet. Brought a tear to my eye actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly just want to talk about Ste's turban here. Awesomeness incarnate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, Nene and E were pulling for her to share a number with you! LOL Precious first Christmas program for baby girl. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Love all 3 of you so much...........

    ReplyDelete