Monday, December 13, 2010

Hi Sugies

Stella's nickname at our house is Sugies. We call her that all of the time. Yesterday before it was time to get ready for church, Stephen and I were sitting on the couch watching tv while she played in the floor. She crawled over to us and pulled up on the couch and Stephen said, "Hi Sugies" to which she replied "Hi Sugies."

As plain as I would have said it. . .

Stephen and I stared blankly at each other for several seconds as we digested the fact that our child had plainly spoken two words as if it were nothing. Of course, we tried several times to get her to say it again. No such luck. I think that we have a little repeater on our hands because she tries to imitate many things that we say, but none have ever been that plain. Oh how I wish the video camera had been on and pointed her way! Kids can be so amazing. She may be small, but she is a little sponge learning so many things each day.

Stephen and I are still laughing about "Hi Sugies." It really reminded us of an E*Trade commercial. Something like that should not come from such a tiny body.

And now for a picture:

3 comments:

  1. I hope that one of her next words (after momma and dada) will be some variation of my name. It's really easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this story of Stella!! It so fun to hear the changes she is making!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet and what a sweet pic : )

    ReplyDelete