Thursday, May 20, 2010

I am a Promise!

With a capital P!

I used to have a hard time remembering my last good cry.

Enter baby. . .

Yeah, that changes things! :) I have shed SEVERAL tears in the past four months. (Stella is four months old today!) Well, today it wasn't just a tear or two. It was full blown waterworks.

The culprit:



Mom bought Stella this book with cd for Christmas even though she hadn't quite arrived. This little book is so sweet. I wanted to read it to Stella today so I hunted down the book, but first popped the cd in the player. As soon as "I Am a Promise" started, I broke down. I mean SOBBED. . .

When I was a little girl, Sis and I always listened to and sang that song. We had a book to go along with it as well. I guess I was just flooded with wonderful memories with the greatest sister and family ever, and couldn't control the overwhelming emotions. The song and book just talk about being anything you want to be with God by your side. I had the luxury of growing up in a wonderful, Christian home. My memories are filled with fun times, music, love, and laughter. My parents always supported us and believed that we could truly do anything we set our mind to do. As I held little Stella and listened to that sweet song, I just prayed for my baby.

Then I heard the door open, and Stephen walked in to see my red and splotchy face. Of course he asks, "What in the world is wrong?!" All I could squeak out was, "I love this baby." He just smiled and understood that I needed my moment.


"I Am a Promise"

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.


I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!


I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am certainly not presentable to the public at the moment. :-) My eyes are as full as my heart is right now. Nothing touches a mother's heart more than knowing her child is happy and content where she is. Our family has always been blessed above and beyond all measure and I believe little angel Stella was sent to remind us of that once again. "I am blessed!"

    ReplyDelete