Saturday, May 29, 2010

A weekend update.

I have gotten behind in my blogging this week. Here are a few pictures I have taken recently.

Stella accompanied me outside on Thursday afternoon to water our flowers.




I noticed that my daisy plant was a little sparse in the middle, so I took a closer peek.



. . . and this is what I found. Awww! I hated to move it, but it was ruining my plant. Sorry momma bird.



Thanks to my pal, Tommy, I was able to make chocolate cobbler with Hershey's Special Dark cocoa earlier this week. Mom taught me to use it in brownies and such to make a much richer and delicious treat. Too bad Union City businesses no longer find it necessary to carry said product. UGH! Luckily, Tom found it in the great city of Nashville. Chocolate cobbler is one of the easiest recipes that I have ever been given. I keep these ingredients on hand all of the time, so it makes whipping up a quick dessert very easy. I'll post it below in case you would like to give it a try. All cocoa works great but if you ever spy some of the Special Dark, snatch it up!



6 tablespoons of butter
1 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
------
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cups boiling water

Place butter in 8x8 dish. Melt in oven while preheating to 350. Stir together flour, sugar, and cocoa. Add in milk and vanilla stirring until a batter forms. Spoon batter over melted butter from the oven. In a separate bowl, stir together the 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over butter and batter.
Note: With each step, be sure to not stir together in the baking dish. It looks a little weird just spooning the batter over the butter and then sprinkling the other on top, but it works for some reason. Carefully pour boiling water over all of the ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. 33 minutes is the magic number in my oven.

** The batter comes to the top and the rest creates a nice chocolate syrup. Vanilla ice cream tops it off just right. :)

Post chocolate cobbler nap. . .

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, but thanks even more for this recipe!! For reals, Hol, this is one of the best dishes I've ever had at your house. I can't wait to try making it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tommy - I made it myself tonight. I almost went into a chocolate coma! Oh my that was delicious!

    ReplyDelete