Monday, September 13, 2010

Twenty Eight

I turned 28 over the weekend. Woohoo! This past year has FLOWN by for obvious reasons. I have been very preoccupied with everything baby. I am so glad to be a mom. In fact, I can remember last year that my birthday wish was just to have a healthy baby. Now I do! As always, Mom cooked up whatever my heart desired for my birthday dinner. I chose chicken and dressing, green beans, and mashed potatoes. YUM! Instead of cake, I asked for peach cobbler. Mom made sure to cut my name in the top of the crust. It was all delightful and I am still full. Mom has always made birthdays so special, one of many reasons why she is so wonderful. I got to open presents afterwards and scored some awesome items. Here are a few examples:

Because my sister is both awesome and hilarious. . .



Whew, Tommy helped Mom procure this set from Sephora before it sold out. While I am sure that he cannot understand the importance of this eye shadow palette, I thank him for making my birthday complete!



Speaking of Toms.



My sweet hubby hooked me up with some new Paula Deen cookware.




Auntie and family arrived on Saturday. Even though the Tittle/Turner clan spent the weekend hacking and blowing noses, we had a great visit. Stella had fun playing with everyone. Here are a few pictures of Ryan helping her stand. She loves to sit and stand over and over.





4 comments:

  1. Yay! Feliz cumpleanos! I'm glad you had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Great gifts! Jealous mostly of the Urban Decay palette. I really should order that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great birthday!!! Of course
    I had to call Stephen and find out what your big surprise present was!!
    Your story of favoirtes birthday diners remind me of mine! I remember was I was younger, my grandmother always made my favorite dinner, Spaghetti with homemade meatballs and red velvet cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum did somebody mention red velvet cake? My favorite! I had so much fun watching Ryan play with Stella. He had a ball!

    ReplyDelete