Friday, August 20, 2010

7 Months

Stella is SEVEN months old today! I don't even know what to think about her being closer to her 1st birthday than being a newborn. Even though this year continues to fly by, watching her grow is so much fun. Stephen and I love her little personality. Stella giggles and grins the days away. She loves to be around people and has especially loved a few days at the Obion County Fair this week. We're going again tomorrow night and I will have to remember the camera so I can snap some pictures of her first fair. All of the music, excitement, and lights are so much fun for her!

As a seven month old, Stella continues to add to the milestones. She is active and wants to play constantly while awake. Last Sunday, I was almost sad when I dropped her off at our church's nursery. I realized that I didn't have to hand her off to someone or lay her down in a crib. I just sat her down in the floor with the toys and other babies and she started playing right away. I had to face the facts, she's far from a bed baby now.

I look forward to the next few months. We'll get to spend our first holidays together. Shortly after, she'll turn one and I will wonder what in the world happened to 2010. Being a Mommy is still almost indescribable. I had no idea how fun even the smallest things would be. Stella had me cracked up this week during dinner because she giggled after every bite of carrots. I guess they were just super yummy and she couldn't help herself. Times like those create memories that will last a lifetime. There is something about a baby that just softens your heart and puts life into perspective.

Tonight we will spend the evening with family at Stella's great grandfather, Ed Turner's visitation. Granddaddy Turner passed away Wednesday evening at the hospital in Jackson. I'm so glad that he was able to meet Stella. She gave him a big hug and smile at the last family gathering on 4th of July, the last time that we saw him. Stella was so fortunate to have so many great-grandparents when she was born. Stephen will have lots of stories to tell her one day about him. Please keep Stephen and all of the Turner family in your thoughts, it will be a hard weekend for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 7 months!!! We hope to go the fair tomorrow night. Maybe we can catch up with each other so we can see Stella's reaction to everything! Of course we will see you this evening! So proud of how Stephen was able to help with his grandaddy's arrangements! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that baby. It's hard to believe that time has flown by the way it has, but I have come to realize that it's just the way life tends to work.

    And I'm sorry for the loss. I'm sure Mr. Turner was a great man.

    ReplyDelete