Thursday, August 26, 2010

Add it to the list. . .

Another addition to our list of firsts, antibiotics.

Stella had a rough time getting over a stuffy nose. I had called the doctor's office a few times over the past 3 weeks and was assured that it was a cold that would run it's course. As you have read in other posts, we tried a few methods of relief that did not involve medicine. I'm not a huge fan of medicine, but sometimes you just need some fast relief! Stephen and I have also been suffering from sinus and allergy issues. Thanks a bunch ragweed season!

On Monday, I called Dr. Bates office and asked if they could check her again just to be sure. I hate to listen to her snort through her sleep and have difficulties breathing while taking a bottle. They scheduled her for Tuesday morning and Stephen took her by. Dr. Bates confirmed that she had two red ears, thankfully not full blown infections. So, we're taking our first pink medicine (amoxicillin) to clear up that runny nose and help her ears. YUCK! I hate that stuff. It is bubblegum flavor you know. . . Stella doesn't care for the taste either. She may be like Mommy and have a strong dislike for bubblegum and lint. Thankfully, we have this handy medicine dispenser that works much better than the dropper they provide at the pharmacy.



It really seems to be helping. Stella sounded so much better last night.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear Stella is doing better!! I have had you all in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all feel much better soon. Confession: I used to LOVE that pink medicine. It was like a candy meets milkshake combination. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amoxicillin does taste bad and smell bad but it works so good, my kids have had take it and was glad afterwards that they took it but of how fast it works. Hope your sweet girl gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete