Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just add it to the list.

2 more firsts occurred on this fine Saturday:

1. Stella got a diaper change in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

It's true. I sniffed something rather strong while standing in the check out line and knew that we could not make it home. (skip ahead if you don't want to read the fun details. . .) So, we got out to the vehicle and I thought that the Rogue would make an excellent changing table. I couldn't stand the thought of her sitting in that mess all of the way home. Even if it is only 6 miles. . . I put one of her blankets in the back of the vehicle and laid her down. That's when I noticed that something suspicious had soaked through her outfit. Yikes! I had not packed an extra outfit just for a trip to Wal-Mart, so I am glad that it was 75 degrees today. Stella rode home in just a diaper. She seemed to enjoy it. Sorry, no pictures. Side note: the back hatch of a Nissan Rogue is perfect for diaper changing. It's a large, flat service that makes things rather quick and easy.

2. I had to cut Stella's hair.

Now, no one freak out on me. It was the tiniest of cuts. Just a little bitty snip. I noticed this morning that Stella had a knot in her hair at the back of her head. I thought it was odd that my child would already be getting "rats" in her hair as we called them growing up. She does have wavy hair that really curls up after bath time. I guess that fact plus her being more active in her bed and on her play mat could be the reasons. After a good suds during bath time, the knot still wasn't budging. I tried to work it out with my fingernails with no luck. So, bad luck or not, Stella got a tiny snip of hair cut this evening. I highly doubt that I would have obeyed the whole "waiting until they are one year old for a hair cut" thing anyway.

This is a picture from her bath time earlier this evening. I had just performed a rousing rendition of "Splish Splash, I Was Takin' a Bath." Stella seemed less than impressed. Normally, she smiles and coos during my songs. I guess I better scratch that one from my repertoire.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is too funny. Her little face and her little fist doubled up kind of look like, "Mom, if you sing one more verse of this song...........POW!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture and stories of Stella's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!! It seems like she is changing so much already. How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete