Thursday, April 15, 2010

Silent Stella

Look what showed up in the mailbox today! The fabric is here, patterns have been chosen, now it's time to crank up that sewing machine. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a picture of an actual garment by the end of the weekend.



Now it is time for a brief confession that will also end up with a little mommy bragging on my part:

So, I had a meeting to attend at 5:00 this afternoon. After work, I went to Mom's house to pick up Stella. She was eating, so it took a little longer than normal to get away. By the time we made it home, there was only a moment to change my clothes and pack up a small bag for Stella. Stephen had some things to do and would not be around to keep her. Aunt Sis had offered her services in case I needed them. This is where the confession begins. . . I just decided to take her to the meeting with me thinking that she would last thirty minutes or so before she got fussy, hungry, sleepy, or needed a diaper change. Well, at 6:35 she still had not made one peep. She mostly took in the sights of Higher Ground and listened to the other ladies talk. She took a brief nap on my shoulder and then sat up for some more socializing. So much for using Stella as an excuse! I can't even get out a good cry when I need one. Hey, I just wanted to get home early for a change, but no such luck. Thanks a lot Stella!

All joking aside, I am proud of our little sweetie. What a good baby!

1 comment:

  1. She's so sweet! Very cool fabrics, too. I hope I get to see her soon.

    ReplyDelete