Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pill Popper

This morning was probably one of my most unglamorous moments ever, but pretty funny. Stella has gotten up hungry the past two days at 4 AM. I really can't complain too much. She is a great sleeper and has been very easy on Mommy and Daddy for the past three months. We were fully prepared to be very sleep deprived once she arrived, but that has not been the case. This morning in particular, I was very sleepy. She was only stirring in her crib, so I decided to start my morning ritual to try to wake up a bit. I brushed my teeth, laid out my clothes for the day, got things ready for my shower, and then popped that little pill us girls take when we don't feel it's the right time for additional offspring. Enter my funny moment: I reached down to open up the bathroom cabinet door and noticed a little round white thing on the floor. I thought to myself, "I could have sworn that I swallowed that!" I picked it up for further inspection. It was a little damp, just like a pill that fell out of your mouth should be. I even got out my little pack of pills to compare the size to the rest. Yep, that must be it. Stephen was in the other room preparing for another turkey hunt, so I called out to him to come confirm my finding and make sure that he had not taken some little small white pill, too. He agreed that I must have been so out of it that the pill fell from my mouth. He went to Stella's room to change her diaper. I was still confused. I just KNEW I swallowed that thing. Oh well, here it goes again.

Ewww!! What?? Gross!!

I ran into Stella's room and announced to Stephen that I had just taken a small pellet of Right Guard! After he died laughing at me, he filled me in on the fact that he had dropped his deodorant on the floor and some pieces broke off earlier in the morning. He thought he had picked them all up. UGH! At least we got a good laugh. Mommy needs some rest. Haha!

In other news, our sweet girl is 3 months old! We love her more each day.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha too funny...........a little gross, but funny..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Hilarious! Ella accidentally swallowed one of my post-hospital stool softeners last week. I figured it couldn't hurt her to get a little cleaned out! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is freaking hilarious. Didn't see it coming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit this is funnyest story I have heard you tell!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY!!!! That is funny!!!!! I actually "laughed out loud" and my daughter came running to see what was so funny. LOL

    ReplyDelete