Friday, April 9, 2010

Sweet Stella

Stephen asked me just this week, "What did we do before Stella?" Good question babe!

I think the anticipation of a child during pregnancy is so exciting and new. I thought about her daily. Sometimes it was hard to concentrate on anything else. What would she look like? I prayed for her health and happiness. Stephen and I spent most evenings talking about her. We checked and double checked that we had everything just right before her arrival. Now that she is here, it's hard to imagine life without her.

We are truly blessed with such a sweet little girl. Stella has been sleeping through the night, in her crib, since she was about one month old. She is normally asleep by 10:00 and is awake between 5-5:30AM. Some would say this is early, but it actually works out so well for us. I am able to feed and cuddle with her before I get ready for work. I have to be at Goodyear by 7, so Stephen always takes her to Nene's house in the mornings. I am thankful for her internal clock that wakes her up so I get to spend some time with her. It makes my day so much sweeter! Stella did set a record this past week, sleeping from 8:30PM - 6:00 AM! Wow! Believe me, we are counting our blessings.

This week, we have been finding that she has rolled over at some point during the night or early morning. Sometimes she is even turned sideways in the bed! We call her Houdini because she never wants to roll over in our presence. She just wants to keep that little secret to herself I guess. Maybe we should set up a video camera above her bed and catch her in action? I am so proud of her progress. She has great head control, can pull her head and chest up high when on her belly, and is learning to sit up well with her Bumbo seat. She likes the view from the Bumbo and normally will sit and watch Stephen and I for quite awhile. Layla likes the Bumbo because Stella is on her level. They are already big buddies. Layla has to give her a kiss everyday, and Stella seems to love it. Last weekend, Layla just happened to be walking by while Stella was making a fist. She got her first handful of fur! Layla seemed pretty surprised over that!

Stella is also a great baby outside of our home. She loves to shop with Mommy and go to church. Her first church service was Sunday, February 7th at 2 1/2 weeks old. She hasn't missed a Sunday since! She even went to choir practice one Wednesday with me while Daddy had to work and never made a peep. We will be testing her for sure at the end of the month when she travels all of the way to Mobile, AL for a conference with Mommy, Aunt Sis, and several other Junior Auxiliary members. I was committed to making the trip, but knew that I couldn't leave her for a whole weekend. Nene agreed to go with us so I can attend my meetings but still not miss out on days with my little girl. Thanks Nene! Hopefully, she will get to see the beach for the first time. I predict many photos in the near future.

I am looking forward to a great weekend. * Pretty weather * Girls night with Mom, Dawn, and Stella * Relaxing Saturday * Church Sunday * Big smile :D

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and Ste and your families. Stella is a blessing for sure.

    ReplyDelete