Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And I'm all like, this is hard!

You know what is tough about being a new mom? Not jumping the gun! It's so hard to make myself realize that my baby is only a month old. Such is my current dilemma - does she really need an Easter basket this year? Of course I want to give her the world right now but what would I put in it? A pack of Pampers and some Enfamil? But of course I had to receive the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog in the mail today that only made things worse. Look at these sweet baskets! *sigh* The Lord needs to give me strength so I can just say no.






I did purchase her Easter dress this week though. She has to have one of those. Here is a sneak peek but it will look so much cuter with Stella in it!



Stephen and I went to Wal-Mart today and had a great time in the toy section. Stella wasn't impressed. She snoozed away. In honor of Dr. Seuss Day we bought her three new books to add to her growing collection. We also purchased a cd player for her room. I can't believe that I didn't have one! Times have changed so much. For the past several years I have just listened to my XM radio, used our surround sound for cd playing, and mostly played my tunes on my iPod. I toyed with the notion of just getting an iPod dock for Stella but again told myself, she is one month old!! And plus, I have often wished for a portable cd player to use outside when working in the yard or washing the vehicles. (it does have a line in option for the iPod though!) Ahh technology. It makes me wonder what Stella will be using someday? She will look on my iPod as a useless gadget much like I thought of my parent's 8 track collection. Oddly enough I got all retro with age and have an 8 track collection myself. You never realize how cool your parents are until you hit your 20s. : ) So now I am the proud owner of my favorite album "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac on 8 track, vinyl, cd, and of course iTunes. (No one needs to remember the casette tape!)



Side note: We are pretty sure in doing the math that Stella was a tadpole when Stephen and I saw Fleetwood Mac back in May. So technically that was her first concert - and that makes Mommy very happy!

4 comments:

  1. She's just the coolest kid ever!

    I think you could skip the basket this year. I will never tell her. Since she's in our family, you can never STOP doing a basket after this year, so take a breather. :)

    I'm working on a playlist for her now. The most awesome music that she must be exposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I have come THIS close to ordering the blue gingham basket for Sam already. He's not even here yet. At least Stella is a month old! I think I'm going to buy it anyway for photos. He will look TOO CUTE propped up next to it!

    He already has two St. Patrick's Day outfits and a shamrock bib...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would buy her one b/c they are too cute, and she could use it next year, or you could just wait till next year, they might make cuter baskets (i don't know though they r so cute :) )
    Love the dress, and ur right she'll look so adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ehh. You know my thoughts on all that excessive frou-frou stuff. But I also know your family. :)

    I'm with Dawn. Give it a break for this year, and then let it ride until she's a mother herself.

    ReplyDelete