Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank you HGTV!

Stella and I have logged many quality hours watching HGTV during my maternity leave. House Hunters has always been a favorite of mine but now I can hardly change the channel when it's on. I especially love House Hunters International. I always get a wild hair to travel somewhere far away like Malta. Who knew real estate in Malta was so pricey? I don't think that I could even afford an outhouse in that country. I will thank HGTV for keeping me so entertained but it can also do some harm. Now I think my house needs a complete makeover/remodel! I really love our home because it's the perfect size for our family but I know that we could utilize the square footage in a much better way. I am happy with our decor but would love to knock out a wall or two. I would also LOVE an open floor plan and be able to remodel my galley style kitchen. When you love to cook and bake as much as me, it just doesn't provide the space I need! Way too narrow, not enough counter space. . . Oh well. That's why we are young and dreamers. Maybe Stephen and I can build or remodel a home one day to our specifications. Wouldn't that be fun!? Has anyone noticed on some of the shows that a standard kitchen remodel is normally around 80,000 dollars? Ummm, that's an entire home in Obion County.

I also love that everyone on House Hunters refers to their cabinets as cupboards and their yards as gardens. I am going to start using this terminology to make myself sound cool as well.

Speaking of design ideas. .. I was at Sugar and Spice today (DANGEROUS!) scoping out all of the new spring clothes for Stella and noticed a neat picture frame. It's actually closer to hot pink in real life so it would not match her room at all - but I just loved the quote! It has special meaning to me also because Sis and I watched Cinderella together every Sunday afternoon for YEARS! We would throw in another Disney movie here and there but Cinderella was our absolute favorite. " Uhhh, Gus Gus take-a Lucifee and . . ." : )



Anyways, since I don't want to use a huge pink frame in her room I was thinking of having a vinyl wall piece made to go on the opposite wall of her crib. I could have it made to match this one of her name I had done a few months ago. Cute!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. I also love House Hunters when I can catch it. Sometimes I miss Suzanne Whang.

    ReplyDelete