Thursday, March 11, 2010

Etsy!

Today, I met with a lady that is going to make a pair of collages for Stella's room. FINALLY! I had the idea when we first started on her nursery to use collages on each side of her crib and have had the hardest time finding anyone to create them. Little did I know someone locally had a business. I was in Higher Ground last week paying for my usual, an iced mocha, and noticed her art on the walls. I wanted something a little larger so I contacted her and she agreed to do some custom work. I gathered some items I wanted to incorporate and took her swatches from the colors we used in Stella's room. Also, a few months ago I purchased a set of neat vintage flash cards from Etsy. She was excited about them and thought using some in the artwork would work well. I can't wait to see what she comes up with! I will post pictures of the finished products.



I can't say enough about Etsy. You can find some of the coolest things on that site. I absolutely love the little hat with the pink bow I bought for Stella that she is wearing in a post below. I see many purchases for her in my future! Sorry Stephen. . .

Check out a couple of my friends who currently sell on Etsy:

Letters by Lauren

Laura Mia - Handcrafted Jewelry

And here's a random shot of Stella sporting her Daddy's hat.

2 comments:

  1. Holly, and I just thought I was a creative Mommy all these many years..... Your ideas put me to shame. I love it! The ball cap picture of Stella is one of my very favorites! Have I mentioned that I am totally and completely in love with this precious little angel?
    Love you most,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just cool all the way around.

    ReplyDelete