Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'd like a Nutty Bar please.

I am so excited that spring has started to show itself! I love 50 degree weather. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my winters as well. This year was just particularly hard since I was stuck in the house for long periods of time. That is something that I am not used to at all. After Stella was born, it seemed to snow every other day. I am not one of those who feel like you should keep your baby indoors for months, but 10 degrees is pushing it a little. Now that it is warming up I have lots of fun taking Stella out and about. The Nissan Rogue has been lovingly nicknamed Baby Whisperer. She absolutely loves to ride.

For the first month it was hard to ever catch Stella awake aside from feedings. I was convinced that there was catnip in the air! The past two weeks have been really fun with her. She has much longer periods of time awake and alert. It is so amazing to see how strong she is becoming and how she changes. Stephen and I were reading through a magazine that they sent home from the hospital with us that tells you what to expect every month during baby's first year. Stella is hitting milestones early it seems but I guess every parent is ready to enroll their child in gifted classes from day one. Haha! No, truly it is wonderful to watch her grow and learn. It is a daily reminder of how great God is and the amazing blessing of a new life. I never want to forget that. Even when she tries to sass me in the middle of Wal-Mart in years to come, I hope I don't go all Madea on my child in public!

For now Stella is loving hanging out with Mommy at Wal-Mart. I love this picture. She really seems to be eyeing the Nutty Bars!

1 comment:

  1. I fully expect & look forward to several Madea moments and stories to boot.

    ReplyDelete