Friday, March 19, 2010

Working Mom = Success!

No blog since Monday?! Can you tell that this week has been hectic?

Stella has decided that anywhere from 3:30 – 4:30 AM is a perfect time to wake up and socialize with Mom & Dad. We had two weeks of sleeping through the night for at least 7 hours. Of course, the week I start back to work she decides otherwise. I really think that she needs more to eat. She doesn’t wake up mad, she is just ready to have a bottle. The Halo sleep sack that I raved about in an earlier post serves as entertainment in the wee hours for Stephen and I. Instead of crying, she just tries to break free from the sleep sack. All you can hear in the baby monitor is the ripping of Velcro. That is my cue to get a bottle! The baby monitor is still driving Layla crazy. She hops down and runs to Stella’s room at least three times a night. What a great little babysitter!

Week 1 as a working Mom was a success. Stephen was late to work on Monday. After that minor hiccup, we finally figured out how our morning routine should work. Stephen is on call Thursday nights so we agreed that it would be best for me to drop her off early at Nene’s house on Friday mornings in case he is unable. I am proud to say that we were both dressed and in the car by 6:15. I made it to work with 10 minutes to spare. That is what I would consider a major accomplishment!

My great friend Tommy is coming to town for a visit this weekend. I can’t wait! I am excited for him to meet Stella, and Layla can’t wait to see her Toms. Layla, for whatever reason, really likes Tommy. He is one of the only non-family members to ever receive her approval.

And for your viewing pleasure, check out Stella’s mop! Her hair is really starting to curl and this was taken by my camera phone shortly after a bath. (sorry for the poor quality) Unruly you think?

2 comments:

  1. :) I had such a great time! Stella is beautiful, and I was glad I got to see that girl Layla. She was on her best behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice evening. Thanks for the invite! Layla was a little lady as was Stella.

    ReplyDelete