Monday, March 8, 2010

The time has come.

The time that I have anticipated and dreaded is finally here. This is my last week of maternity leave. Big sigh. Now don't get me wrong, I really love my job. Actually, I have really missed all of the people I work with and the steady schedule that I was used to each day. I will be glad to get back to my desk and most of all my radio! Everyone in my department uses a radio - mostly for business, but sometimes entertainment as well. I will be ready for my first bit of trivia challenge via the airwaves when I return. Even though my job is great and I do really miss my old schedule, I will hate to leave little Stella everyday. The GOOD news is that she will be staying with my mom at her house. I can't wait to hear about the adventures of Stella and her Nene. Aside from Stephen and I, there is no one in the world who could shower her with more love. We are very fortunate to live near our wonderful families who are all willing to help. Thanks Nene. You really lessen the sting of being a working mom.

The time has gone by SO quickly. This Thursday I will have been home 8 weeks! Good grief. Stella will do great and may even enjoy the change of scenery. I am pretty sure that she is tired of our couch, too. We have spent many hours on it together. I plan on getting TONS of cuddles in this week. My sweet little girl is growing up much too fast.

And now I will share another recipe. I tried another dish from the Taste of Home Casseroles magazine I mentioned in a previous post. So far, none of them disappoint! Forgive the lattice design on top. I was in a hurry to get it baked before my Junior Auxiliary meeting.

Lattice-Top Chicken Stew
. . . but I will just refer to it as easy chicken pot pie because it is not what I consider a stew.

1 package (12 oz.) California blend frozen vegetables, thawed and drained
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of potato soup
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup french-fried onions
salt and pepper to taste
1 tube (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls

Combine vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, and onions in a large bowl. Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into two rectangles. Seal perforations: cut each rectangle lengthwise into four strips. Working quickly, weave strips over warm filling forming a lattice crust. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

** Like many recipes, I added about 1/4 cup of Pictsweet seasoned blend. It's a great recipe helper for added flavor and taste. Just saute' what you need for about 5 minutes and add to any dish.


1 comment:

  1. That's a cool looking casserole. And I agree that the time has flown. I feel like you should just be getting home from the hospital.

    ReplyDelete