Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work I go. . .

Tomorrow is the big day. Goodbye maternity leave, hello Goodyear. I can almost smell the rubber now. I know I will make it through the work day fine. I look forward to seeing everyone in my department and trying to remember all of my passwords. (That could be the most difficult part. I think I have about 6.) I already warned Mom that she would be seeing my office number on the caller id quite often tomorrow. Nene is more than capable but I will want to hear what little Stella is up to just the same.

I am most concerned with how tomorrow morning will work. After having her, it did not take long to figure out that Stephen and I needed at least an extra hour in order to get the three of us out the door. She is a great baby but feedings, diaper changes, packing a bag, and such take time. Add in showers for the both of us, breakfast, packing my lunch, and finding clothes that semi match and the morning flies! I have to be at work by 7 so it could get a little tricky. We shall see!

We will have our little routine in place soon enough. One thing is for sure, Layla will get some rest tomorrow! Bless her heart! She hasn't had a good nap in weeks. She stays too busy hovering over Stella. After the three of us leave, I am sure she will crash in one of her favorite spots. I was so irritated when I was pregnant when folks would say, "she'll just be a dog after Stella arrives." No, Layla will always be part of the family and special to Stephen and I. I can't wait to see Stella play with her in a few months. She noticed her and smiled for the first time this weekend and they had a stare down. It was so cute. Stella will have a best friend and extra parent in Layla one day. I think Layla loves her as much as we do.


1 comment:

  1. Have a great first day back at work. I will you see guys very soon!

    ReplyDelete